|Youth STEM-Aviation (STEM-A) Program
9 am to 2 pm, 2021 (sessions start April 2021)
San Antonio Chapter of Tuskegee Airmen, Inc.®
P.O BOX 264 RANDOLPH AFB TEXAS 78148-0264
The SAC-TAI Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics Youth Program with an emphasis in
Aviation (STEM-A) is available to students in San Antonio K-12 schools and the surrounding areas in and
around Bexar County. Click Here for full description.
The objectives of the program are based on the mission and purpose of the San Antonio Chapter of
Tuskegee Airmen, Incorporated. The program objectives are to provide multiple opportunities for youth to:
(1) Develop an awareness of the impact and contributions of pioneering minority aviators;
(2) Understand the roles of aviation that affect everyday life;
(3) Gain exposure to the field of aviation, technology, and careers in the aerospace industry as a catalyst for
advanced and continued education; and
(4) Gain an appreciation of the story and lessons of the Tuskegee Airmen and their legacy of determination,
perseverance, and patience.
Participants will have the opportunity to interact and learn from presenters who are professionals
representing various career fields with a foundation in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
with emphases in aviation. The students will engage in hands-on experiences and observations to
promote understanding and awareness through field trips and visits with partnering groups, organizations,
and museums. Consistent attendance is required to maintain a continuum of learning opportunities. The
program has a $50 application fee, and transportation to the indicated site of program initiation is the
responsibility of parent/guardian.
1. Accepting applications from students (ages 8-14 or grades 3-8)
2. Submit application: Mail application & payment to:
STEM-A Youth Program, P. O. Box 264, Randolph AFB, TX 78148; or Email
3. Application period is now OPEN for the 2021 Session.
4. Applicant interviews will occur TBA.
5. Student capacity is 20.
6. Session dates and parent info are listed below
Application fee: $50 per child (checks payable to SACTAI or here [PayPal] for Credit Card)
Meeting time: 9 am-2 pm
Parent’s meeting: March 7, 2020 Saturday 10:30 am-12:00 noon
CANX due to SA Emergency Health Declaration